A historic building that once housed the Ford Motor Company in Pittsburgh’s Bloomfield neighborhood has new life as a world-class mixed use destination. The Assembly has been developed as a hub, combining research, innovation and entrepreneurship, and is a collaboration between the University of Pittsburgh and Wexford Science+Technology. This is an excellent opportunity for a new Street Corner franchisee to operate an Urban Market that services tenants and the surrounding community and universities.
Bloomfield is an East Pittsburgh neighborhood with deep historical roots. Located in Allegheny County, the community is known locally as Pittsburgh’s “Little Italy,” and features a bevy of pizzarias, old-school Italian restaurants, locally owned retailers and taverns. The Assembly draws visitors from nearby Shadyside, home of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. It is a trendy, walkable neighborhood that features a wide array of up-scale boutiques, brand name shops, vintage antiques and home decor stores.
Important location highlights include:
- 14,186 residential units within a one-mile radius
- More than 57,000 students enrolled at five universities in the immediate area, including Chatham and Carnegie Mellon Universities in addition to the University of Pittsburgh
- More than 3,200 businesses within one mile with nearly 34,000 employees
- Property hosts 500 researchers and staff as built-in clientele – 100% capacity
- Location is in the heart of Pittsburgh’s thriving health care industry
- More than 106,000 population within a two mile radius
- The 350,000 plus square-foot development was completed in the Spring of 2022 with more than $330 million invested in the project
- 1,007 hotel rooms within one mile
- Three ground floor retail units available ranging from 940 to 3,630 square feet.
Street Corner Urban Markets offer tenants and guests the ultimate convenience, with everyday essential products combined with fresh, made-from-scratch meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our “Naan-traditional” menu is highlighted by our chef-created delicacies of pizzas and sandwiches baked on warm, savory naan – a traditional Indian flatbread – supplemented by salads, sides, and a bevy of delicious accompaniments.
There has never been a better time to join the Street Corner family. We are blazing a new path in the convenience store industry with multiple store concepts tailored to meet the needs of any setting, be it traditional malls and shopping centers, corporate and education campuses, residential developments, fuel stations – even truck stops! Best of all, our master franchisees and operations team have decades of combined experience helping new store owners thrive. We’re growing. Whether you are in the Pittsburgh area or anywhere from coast to coast, we have an opportunity that will meet your needs. Schedule an appointment with Vik today to learn more about this opportunity!