Make Your Store Memorable This Halloween
Halloween can be a lot of fun for customers and business owners alike.
Creating a special holiday atmosphere is a key to bringing in customers and standing out among the competition. Offering customers an interactive experience and involving the community in creative Halloween celebrations will make your store memorable.
Here are some ways to make your store stand out this Halloween:
1. Welcome the community. Halloween is an exciting season for a lot of people. Families love to participate in fun-filled events during the Halloween season. Hosting a Halloween event will bring families flocking into the store. Offer door giveaways, prizes, and free samples. Plan a spooky store scavenger hunt for kids. Hand out coupons for discounts on future visits to keep customers coming back. You can also become more involved in the community by offering donations to a local community group (donating costumes to a children’s group, for example).
2. Use social networks. Add a Halloween theme to your social networks. Update your pages regularly with family-friendly seasonal activities, Halloween recipes, costume ideas, ghost stories, and decorating tips are fun ways to connect with your customers. Encourage customer interaction by inviting them to post their favorite Halloween traditions and memories.
3. Atmosphere. Create a great Halloween atmosphere in the store. Use music to greet customers at your entrance. Strategically place Halloween lights around a fantastic window display to highlight your special offers. Hand-carved jack-o-lanterns add a nostalgic feeling to the decor (make some with your company logo). Place “monster footprints” on your floors to lead customers to special sales or interesting items. Involve your employees in all of these preparations for a great team-building experience.
4. Trick or Treat. Stock up on extra candy and welcome trick-or-treaters on Halloween night. Lots of malls participate in a “safe” trick-or-treat for children, and this is a great opportunity to attract some attention to your store.
5. Contests. People LOVE the chance to win something. Create some Halloween-inspired contests for customers-coloring contests are great for younger children while ghost story contests are a creative alternative for older children and adults.
6. Promote upcoming events. About five seconds after Halloween ends, the holiday shopping season becomes first and foremost in customers’ minds. Use all the traffic you bring in with your fantastic Halloween atmosphere to subtly advertise for upcoming events. Have flyers handy outlining your upcoming events for the holiday season, and you’ll have a head start on other businesses.
Customers will be sure to remember your store and the wonderful family experience you provide during special holidays.
If you would like assistance with flyers, please contact us.